Well, by now ya’ll know I love the Psalms.
Right? I’ve talked about it, blogged about it, made ecourses about it, and now… I have a book about it.
I’m super excited about the book. But promoting a book is hard work because there are lots and lots of books out there, and lots of people writing and reading books, and it can be a challenge to get noticed in such a busy world like that.
That’s where you come in.
I’m looking for a few people who love the Psalms to review my book, Painting the Psalms. Why? Because reviews help sell books. They let people who might be interested in the book know if it is for them.
Reviews should be honest and just give an opinion. They don’t have to be complicated. Anyone can be a reviewer. I am looking people who can read a book in a timely manner and give an opinion about it. (And this is an art book, so it is mostly pictures. ha!)
Here are some characteristics of reviewers. This might be you, if:
- You have received a book from me in the past and followed through with a review. (Special thanks from me if this is you!)
- You understand reviews are an important part of getting noticed in this busy world.
- You are not afraid to give your constructive opinion.
- You have an Amazon account in which to post your review.
- When you have received books to review you have lived up to your promise.
Sound like you? Great!
Not sure? Keep reading…
- Have every intention of reviewing the book but really aren’t sure if you’ll get to it.
- Look at requests like this as a way to get a free book.
- Are annoyed at the thought of giving a review in exchange for a free book.
- Have other books you’ve received for free and still haven’t gotten around to giving a review for.
Then you probably aren’t right for this particular request. And hey, we’ve all been there and had every intention of doing something and then didn’t follow through. This is one reason I turn down requests to review books now, because I honestly don’t get to them in time and that does not help the author. (And since I have a lot of friends who are also authors, I get a lot of requests like this.)
There are totally no hard feelings if you feel like this isn’t quite right for you, or even if you feel a little annoyed that I’m spelling it out like this. But I have had many people request books in the past with the intention of giving a review, and only a fraction of them do. And this book is really important to me, so I want to give it a good send off.
Now remember, reviews are honest. You don’t have to love the book. (I hope you do, though!) But I’m not looking for fake. Just real.
Leave a Reply